It goes a bit like this

14 July 2005

Debtors' Gaol



I've just had a nasty 'phone call - right in the middle of the afternoon on this glorious quatorze Juillet as well! Of course, I have only myself to blame (those upstanding institutions called banks of course have nothing to do with it, preying as they do on impoverished graduates and other such 'youngsters'). I have, almost wittingly, defaulted on a repayment plan on a blasted credit card and now I have 14 days in which to clear the full, remaining balance. It shouldn't be impossible but it will mean having to impose even more stringent non-spending rules on myself in the next month. If not, well, I've been been threatened with court action. Has anyone out there gone down the bankruptcy route?

Hmmm, 'they' (whoever 'they' are) say, in their infinite wisdom, that money doesn't make you happy. But I can assure you it would make me happy. I've had it up to here (imagine me clambering on to my desk and getting on tiptoes to reach the ceiling at this point) with scratching around in permanent penury. I don't want to spend the rest of my life being parsimonious - it doesn't come naturally to me. Still, I'm trying not to get downhearted about it as I can just feel it in my bones (just beyond the pain of my RSI) that I will be securing gainful, permanent employment in the next 2 weeks. Either that or I have to cancel my only planned 'holiday' (friend's wedding in Norway) of the summer. Actually, make that the only planned holiday of the year! Fuxsake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home