It goes a bit like this

02 December 2005

Neglect



My travails continue, though I hesitate to say 'apace'. In the months that have elapsed since I last updated my bloggette I have hopped onto and off of several desks (Visa, KPMG, back to Westfield, then to PwC). 2 weeks ago I was informed my services (if you can call them that) were no longer required. I don't really want to grumble, suffice it to say I feel I was treated rather unfairly and that I am now jobless. "Oh, don't worry Marcela, this near Christmas I'm sure you'll be able to get some temping jobs". Yeah, thanks Mrs Human Remains, but I saw past your disingenuity. As if anyone's gonna be recruiting or even taking time off this near the festive season.

So my spirits dipped when the current spell of unemployment was foisted upon me, and all thoughts of jetting off to Chile in the new year evaporated. Then it dawned on me I hadn't had a holiday in almost 18 months, and the prospect of apparently interminable months in the sprawling metropolis known as Brixton (joke! I mean 'Greater' London) made me sag just that little bit lower.

But you know what? Good things can - and do - happen. My mamá, amor de Dios, read about the Egyptian coast of the Red Sea, went online and found a cheapo cheapo deal and booked the two of us on a last minute holiday! So I'm actually just back from a week in Sharm El-Sheikh, where I spent every day snorkelling and acquainting myself with the fishes. I also managed to turn a rather attractive shade of dark biscuit. I shall now confess that I have been loping online looking for cheap deals so I can go back as soon as possible, but reality really does bite and my priority is, I'm afraid, to pay my rent and bills.

If anyone ever reads this, perhaps you'd like to offer me an interesting job. I like reading and writing and reckon I make a pretty good sub editor (I have a penchant for grammar, punctuation and spelling). Aaah, there are always ways to add to one's networking!

Goodness, I almost forgot to elucidate my dear reader(s?). The picture is of a typical Egyptian light fitting, taken in a restaurant at the resort I stayed at. I know, resort does sound a bit naff, but really, I was impressed! It was like a village, with little buses ferrying us from the eateries to our rooms to the beach to the entrance. I befriended some of the floating [sea] pool technicians, real Egyptians, and went out on the town with them 4 nights out of 7, so I didn't live a completely enclosed resort life while I was in Sharm. Oh, to be back in the Red Sea now!

Right, I'm off now. As ever, feel free to comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home